React Native is a framework that builds applications for both IOS and Android systems. We have some curiosity about React Native and Lucas and Alex join us to tell us about their experience with React and React Native.
- How does React Native compare to the original React?
- What sort of workflow can you expect?
- What languages can you use with React Native?
- How long does a build take?
Lucas and Alex answer all these questions and offer their opinions on the tool. We also discuss the alternative to React and how a newbie could get their feet wet.
Links and Resources:
- Lucas Gladding on LinkedIn: https://goo.gl/1n8u7v
- Alex Barry on LinkedIn: https://goo.gl/59Wsye
- React: https://goo.gl/3Vcbkd
- React Native: https://goo.gl/bJdz48
- Learn HTML: https://goo.gl/PkChzE
- Learn CSS: https://goo.gl/apytuV
- Firebug: https://goo.gl/o6wvc1
- Chrome Dev Tools: https://goo.gl/zZv31q
- Vue Dev Tools: https://goo.gl/gkwgvc
- Flutter: https://goo.gl/xihwPk
- Xamarin.IOS: https://goo.gl/s3EHqk
- Apache Cordova: https://goo.gl/6eUJc8
- Guests: Lucas Gladding and Alex Barry
- Hosts: Dan Soppelsa and Margaret Tavares
- Music and show art: Adam Frank
- Recording facilities: Vehikl (Waterloo)
Special thanks for the help and support from the entire Vehikl team. Check out Vehikl online: https://goo.gl/MCYHbx